All of the changes, both published and unpublished, are contained within this file.
Please submit any bugs or feature requests to Developer@StiKeynotes.com
- Added link to help webpage from within settings dialog
- Clarified difference in version and build number in 'about' dialog
- Added option within settings for selection of a template note file. Template selection allows any new file to have the notes from that file imported into stikeynotes upon first load by default.
- Revised functionality of 'Import' command from StiKeyNotes Ribbon dropdown. Import now allows the notes from any properly formatted text file to be brought into the StiKeyNotes environment for the active model. Importing does not re-map the linked keynot file or have any affect other than to bring in the notes from the linked file. Where import file has note with the same tag as existing notes, the content will be updated and shown as an edit in the edit history for that note.
- Revised functionality of 'Export' command from StiKeyNotes Ribbon dropdown. Export now prompts for filename and exports the keynotes to that location. This has no effect on the linked keynote file. Useful for sharing keynotes or archiving.
- Corrected import/export issue preventing BIM360 jobs from utilizing advanced features.
- Revised Icons
- Added check for onDocumentSync to catch updates to StiKeyNotes database made by other users without sync.
- Removed beta tags. Updated settings to reflect public release.
- Updated method for database storage. Average time reduced by 20%. Storage of 30k notes/revisions elements takes roughly 3.5s for full two-way sync on test machine (2009 i5, 16GB RAM)
- Activated 'Restricted Mode' within RELEASE channel. Allows users to use the StiKeyNotes interface without initializing a database in the model. The StiKeyNotes panel within Revit is active, but only reads and saves to the linked Revit Keynote File.
- Cleaned up Settings window and options. Any future or disabled options are removed. Any options which require an active license will now appear deactivated.
- Added means to release enterprise floating licenses within application settings.
- Interim release - update of licensing model in coordination with server modifications.
- Added support for Revit 2020 and 2021
- Fixed bug causing note pane to appear blank upon switching from file with StiKeyNotes activated and one without.
- Added authorization client to webserver for floating enterprise licenses. Floating license leases are valid for a period of one week by default. After that period, a new lease will be obtained under the authorized enterprise account.
- Future connection to web-portal will allow remote management of authorized users.
- Patched licensing server connection to speak with new license management/host.
- At this time, all prior licenses have been invalidated. New trial licenses may be obtained, regardless of status of prior trial license.
- Revised License generation on server and check on local machines. Old licesnses will be phased out
- Integrated Help now launches webpage to https://www.stikeynotes.com/help
- Begun integration of 'Restricted Mode', Allowing users to take advantage of most functionality without modifying the Revit files in use.
- Moved to minor version 1 for better version control and update functionality
- Corrected error handling for invalid licenses. Revit should no longer crash out when left in zero doc state for long periods of time.
- Removed license check automatic repeat. A single license check will fire upon startup. If no response is returned or an inactive license is found, another attempt will be made upon manual activation of the addin
- Added advanced logging to settings window
- Corrected error caused by loading new familes from the revit window.
- Corrected visibility error for files already initialized.
- Correncted export file naming (removed elipses “…”)
v 0.0.14 - BugFix (open beta)
- Removed confirmation dialog box after import.
v 0.0.14 - BugFix (open beta)
- Instance report window was failing to generate when notes were in duplicated views, or present in multiple views (as occurs with dependent views)
- Instance report window now correctly indicating view note is placed on, rather than view where tagged object was originally hosted.
- Added automatic ‘parent’ pre-selection in the edit frame when creating new notes. When creating a new note, the parent selected by default will vary by currently highlighted keynote. When selecting a ‘parent’ note, that note will be the listed ‘parent’ when selecting a terminal child note, that note’s ‘parent’ will be the selected ‘parent’. The selection can be changed as before to any valid entry.
- Revised formatting for ‘Note Contents’ label, clarifies that area to the right is not a text field.
v 0.0.13 - BugFix (open beta)
- Corrected auto-update to respond to user setting selection.
v 0.0.12 - User Settings (open beta)
- Fixed: License server delay/offline would cause crash when declining initialization.
- Settings Window
- Toggle for ‘initialize’ prompt when opening new model which does not yet have a StiKeynotes database attached.
- Toggle for automatic updates. Strongly Recommended that this remains on at this point due to the frequent updates and bug-fixes.
- Additional settings are in place, but not yet available for user selection.
- Complete License info displayed
- Ability to release the current license with a button
- Ability to retrieve a license already activated. This contacts the licensing server and requests an updated version.
- Import License (not yet active). Will allow importing of a local license xml file for offline computers or trouble-shooting.
- Register button. Simply brings up the initial registration dialog - allowing user to begin trial, activate a purchased license, or purchase a license.
v 0.0.11 - Empty Keynote patch (open beta)
- Added check for either missing or empty keynote files. Will not attempt to load empty files (and thus does not cause subsequent errors.)
v 0.0.10 - Family Editor Hotfix (open beta)
- Corrected crash error caused by Hotfix 0.0.9 (memory leak causing crash after ~5 minutes)
- Added checks for files which have been declined for initialization. When switching between open projects, initialization prompt will not appear after being declined. Manual activation is always permitted.
- Added un-saved check for RVT and template files in addition to RFA check from 0.0.9
- Clarified language for ‘Import’ command. At this time, can only import notes from Revit standard keynotes to StiKeynotes, meaning to load new notes one must first load them into Revit manually via the ‘Annotate’ ribbon and ‘Keynoting Settings’.
v.0.0.9 - Family Editor Hotfix (open beta)
- Fixed error causing crashes when loading unsaved family files (such as opening a family from within a larger model.)
- Edited window behavior to no longer pop up after a manual close by the user.
v 0.0.7 (open beta)
- Detailed warning for automatic update failure on write permissions (Application must be installed to location with user write permissions, elevated permissions are not possible from within Revit add-in).
- Added means to import external license and clear existing stored license.
- Licenses are now fully retained through updates. Previous versions required re-entering email address to re-activate license.
- Added in-application feedback & help request form
- Added place-holder for Settings. Settings window is not yet active.
- Instance report window no longer appears when called for a note that has not yet been placed into the model.
v 0.0.6 - Licensing Hotfix
- Corrected licensing server interface error preventing new trial signup.
- Added method allowing export for Revit files located on write-restricted areas of storage (such as /programs/ folder)
- Revised Threading for Revit 2017. App will now wait for licensing server response before proceeding.
- Corrected window display issue for Revit 2017.
v 0.0.3 - Initial public release (open beta)
- All primary functions within Revit scope are enabled.
- Trial Licenses and individual subscriptions are enabled.
- Trial period currently set to 60 days for Beta period. Trial likely to be 14-days once released.
- Update check and automatic update are enabled.
Notable Omissions and bugs
- All known bugs are producing error messages to prevent halt conditions. These will be ironed out as the Beta phase closes.
- The currently included help file is being removed in favor of an one-line only help resource. As user numbers increase, this will allow for a community Wiki to be improvement to the developer made support documentation.
Enterprise Licensing (shared/floating) is not yet active.
User configured settings not yet enabled. Intent is for several application level settings as well as more advanced keynote management to be included in this scope.
- Updates take a restart of Revit to apply. This is due to file system permissions and memory allocation.